Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Grooveshark and Picasa: Two Free Programs to Brighten Your Life

So I'm here today to let you know about two free programs you might not already be aware of. Programs that let you do things you want to do--things you might be paying good money to do right now, but which (thanks to the wonders of the internet) you can now do for free.

First up is Grooveshark.What is it, and what does it do? It's on online music player, and it lets you listen to just about any song you can think of, free of charge. And did I mention it's legal? Users upload their songs to Grooveshark, which allows you to search for songs and then cue them up and play them through your internet browser. It earns money through ads and subscription plans (which let you remove the ads and listen to Grooveshark on a mobile device, should you feel so inclined). So many times, I don't really want to buy a whole CD or even a song--I just want to listen to it and get it out of my system. Or maybe I want to check out the latest CD by a favorite group to see if I want to buy it. Grooveshark is perfect for that kind of thing. I love it.

Second is Picasa. If you'd like a photo retoucher and organizer, but you don't want to shell out the money for an Adobe product, then Google's Picasa is for you. It lets you edit photos, keep track of them, has facial recognition, lets you make movies--it's way cool, and it's completely free. You can upload to your blog or Facebook, make a collage, make a YouTube video--pretty much anything you can think of that's not too advanced, and some stuff that is.

Anyway--it's not like I'm getting money to shill these products, but they're things I've used myself and found to be particularly worthwhile. Check 'em out. And if you use something else and would like to recommend it to others, speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment