Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mantor Monday

I know, I know. It's not Monday. It's Tuesday. But since I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, I 'm going to post today - even though, technically speaking, the long 4th of July weekend gave me an Out.
Because it's summer, and because we do like to occasionally get out of the library and do vacation-y things instead of library things, posts might be a little lighter than usual in July. But don't worry, we'll be around to report on Mantor doings, and I'll still be bringing you the odd flotsam and jetsam of the library/book/art/culture world that comes my way. Case in point: have you ever found an inscription inside a used book, and been curious about the book's former life? I have, often. And apparently, I'm not alone. An entire site has been created to share "personal messages written in ink (or pen or marker or crayon or grape jelly) inside books"
It's called The Book Inscriptions Project. Here's one of my favorite images:


It says -
"For Tara,
Because no one ever gave
you a book with an
inscription before,
because you love photographs,
because we are obsessed with
Elliott, and because I’m
in love with the world
through the eyes of a girl.
Seth

I know, right? So romantic. But hey, if romance isn't your thing, there's always sibling warfare:

No comments:

Post a Comment