Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The History of Search

I just got back from my vacation, and I'm bravely mucking through backlog of email and blog posts. However, I took some time out to watch this video that just came out from Google, detailing the history of Google search from its beginnings to today, and I thought you might be interested in seeing it.




It's really interesting to take a step back and remind ourselves where search has come in the past fifteen years or so, and to wonder where it might be fifteen years from now. Google isn't my favorite tool in the world for every search, but it does a great job at what it's designed to do, and I'm glad there are so many brilliant minds focused on making internet searches even more robust.

What say you?

1 comment:

  1. Good work! I like reading this blog post. You have explained this topic quite well from its definition, uses etc. Even I have heard that social bookmarking is one of the methods used to increase web traffic.

    ReplyDelete