Thursday, September 8, 2011

Here we go again...

Well, that didn't take long. I finally broke down and bought an ereader, and for one brief, shining moment I was on top of the digital reading technology world. And then - wham - today I am knocked rudely off my Queen-of-the-Mountain sand pile by a new kid on the electronic playground: Booktrack. Have you heard of this? This technology, which currently works with Apple devices, Android, and PCs, but not all ereaders, provides a soundtrack for ebooks. Music and sound effects, to "enhance" the reading experience, and all magically synched to your reading pace.
Go ahead, watch this. I'll wait.

What do you think of this idea? Me, I think I'd find it more of a distraction than an enhancement. Having been gifted with what some might consider an overactive imagination to begin with, I don't feel the need to have my reading material turned into a multi-media infotainment extravaganza. But if you're the type who enjoys listening to music or watching tv while reading, Booktrack might just float your boat. Here's what the Booktrack version of a Sherlock Holmes tale would sound like:


No comments:

Post a Comment