Thursday, July 22, 2010

That was then, this is now

Remember 2000?
Me neither. Here's a refresher for reference, just in case you want to brush up on the hits (Erin Brokovitch, Survivor, Tyrannosaurus Sue) and the misses (Y2K fizzle, Battlefield Earth).
Much has changed in the world since the turn of the milennium, especially in the world of technology. Even though part of my job involves computers and other "geek stuff" , it's still difficult to wrap my brain around how much things change in a decade - until someone comes up with a great infographic like this one, via The Centered Librarian: (click graphic to view full)

Amazing stuff, isn't it? I don't know about you, but I am shocked that clowns have more than doubled in the last decade. Did I mention I'm scared of clowns?
And speaking of geek stuff, forty-something new computers have arrived at Mantor, (Yay!) and are awaiting installation, so...time to put on my Techie hat, and get to work.
Until next week,
Bookjones

No comments:

Post a Comment