Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Home Theater Experience

I'm not just a big techie--I'm really into movies, too. I've wired my house with a 7.1 sound system, running cables through walls and underneath floors, all in an effort to get a great home theater experience. It's all self-taught--using the internet as my teacher. This explains why I was so interested by this post I came across yesterday, all about how modern television makers are essentially ruining the movie watching experience. Here's a quote to get you started:
Maybe you got a new TV for Christmas. Or maybe you just got one recently. Maybe you are thinking of buying one. Whichever is the case, take heed: your TV will try very, very hard to make whatever movies you watch on it look not just bad, but aggressively, satanically, puppy-drowningly bad.
The post goes on to explain why this is the case (TVs are designed to sell, not do an accurate job of recreating the cinema experience). It's an informative read, and it's got some good tips on how to combat the problems it outlines. Give it a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment